Since they appear in a church bulletin, about 99.9% of them are Bible based. Occasionally I'll do one with a holiday theme, but the great majority of them are based solidly on the Bible. Usually it's the King James Version, but occasionally I'll stray to other versions such as the NKJV, NIV or Living Bible. When songs are referenced, they're usually from "Songs of Faith and Praise" published by Howard Publishing Co. Research in the area of word definitions, etc. is typically from Biblegateway.com.
Most illustrations are found using Google or Bing image search engines, I try to use public domain stuff, so please let me know if I infringe on someone's rights by mistake.
I would like to thank TheTeachersCorner.net for their online Word Search Generator and wordsmith.org for their online Anagram Generator. Excellent resources!
I plan to post several puzzles to start things rolling but eventually will taper off to an average of one puzzle per week. There will be a variety of puzzle styles including word searches, scrambled words, crosswords, anagrams, and more as I think of them.
In regards to Copyright issues,you are free to copy, distribute, transmit, and/or adapt the puzzles posted on this blog under the following license conditions.
1. Attribution: You must attribute the work to Grampy's Puzzle Page in a way that does not suggest I endorse you or the use of my work.
2. Noncommercial: You may not use my works for commercial purposes.
3. Share Alike: If you alter, transform, or build upon my work, you may distribute the resulting work only under the same or similar conditions as these.
4. Any of the above conditions can be waived if you receive my permission to do so.
5. Where my work or any of it's elements is in the public domain under applicable law, that status is in no way affected by this license.
6.For any reuse or distribution of my work, you must make clear to others these license terms. The best way to do that is with a link to http://puzzlepages.blogspot.com.
As I mentioned above, if I infringe on anybody's copyright, please let me know and I'll gladly remove or modify the offending post.
Finally, if you use my stuff for your local church bulletin or other purposes, I'd appreciate it if you'd drop me an e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) and let me know the details. That's not a requirement, I'm just curious as to where my labors are being displayed. Thanks!
In His Service,
Alan "Grampy" Graff